Friday, June 6, 2014

Squacking Robins and (Worm) Verse #1

So, I'm sitting out on my deck this morn, settling right into a peaceful conversation with my Jesus, and low and behold that Momma robin is perched right there in the same high point of the neighbor's home.  She is holding her one worm in her beak and squacking up a storm.

I sit back in amazement.  Could this be the same beautiful robin that just yesterday painted such a magnificent image of His mercy to my searching heart?  You remember, the one who chirped politely once and waited (see post: God's Love Revolution - June 5, 2014).

She finally relents, and in the distance her lover squacks up the same sort of storm.  Although, this storm was in no words an echo. His was a fast, loud, and furious reply. 

Before he even completed his response, she began her obnoxious squacking again....

...and I am not kidding, this conversation (or shouting match) continued for the next twenty minutes! 

I tried really hard to concentrate on those Jeremiah verses.  I finally gave in, and sat staring in shock. 

Had I misinterpreted His illustration? 

No, surely not. 

He really does cherish relationship. 

I'm not getting off the hook and shoving all my plans in His face without His loving interruption.

But that beautiful family of robins were confusing me to my core, and beginning to annoy. 

I mean really, I arise early every summer morning and escape to my deck just to experience a little piece of quiet.  I need this alone time with my Savior before I even see their wonderful little faces.  This time grounds me, renews me, and prepares me for all the adventures sure to come my way each day. 

I don't give this time up willingly.

I stopped, wondered if He was just trying to grab my attention away.  I pondered if I had forgotten to pray for something; someone. 

No.

The robin took flight.  I relaxed. 

Maybe just a distraction.

But no, she returned in less than 5 minutes, and the racket began again.

I love robins.  I love that this family of robins chose my maple tree to make their pretty nest.  But at that moment, I did not like them.  I couldn't even concentrate.

And that's when all the squacking finally whammed me across the head with His illustration for today.

His one worm for me to feed today.

Worm #1:
Nobody can concentrate when this Momma is squacking.

Wham!

And this one is a really bitter worm to taste at first, but with continued chewing really turns into a quite pleasant experience.

I do not want to listen to all the drama that takes place in my home every single day.  It distracts me, and takes my focus off the important aspects of my relationship with my beloveds-like choosing kind, lifegiving words to feed their little hungry souls.

In turn, they cannot concentrate, or even hear one single word I say when I choose to use my squeaky, loud, squacking voice.

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the body."
Proverbs 16:24

So this is my first (worm) verse to memorize.  I hope all you adoptive mommas out there who see me will hold me accountable.

 
He is faithful, loving, and full of answers.