Wednesday, June 11, 2014

God's LOVE Revolution: (Worm) Verse #2

Dear Sister-in-law and best friend of mine,

I have been overtly agitated since your departure.  Your eloquent, yet passionate words playing over and over in this brain of mine. 

You are right.  We have become complacent.

My mind keeps traveling back to my passionate life, some fifteen years in my past.  I remember feeling more at home than any place I'd ever lived within the walls of that classroom.  I covered up the bullet holes gracing the windows with stitched together sheet curtains, scrubbed the cabinets and floors until they shined gray again, and moved my colorful white self right in. 

I prayed my father would never figure out my exact location.

Art teacher was just my disguise.  My secret mission was really to try with all my might to make some sort of difference.  I thought He'd use me to share a different path with some little hurting, lost, defenseless one. 

Instead, He used about 360 beautiful, chocolate brown-skinned students to change my insides forever.

I fell in love. 

And isn't that just where He wants us to live?  Right in the middle of passion?  Right in the center of Love?

He calls us to serve.  We each have our own distinct beckoning.  

I know I have been waiting.  I have been vicariously living through my heroes, reading vigorously about their adventures while I quietly keep to my business of homeschooling, caring for my orphans-no-more, feeding my soul with Him.

But, I long for the missing passion.

He planted us here, not Africa, not the inner-city projects.  He sowed us right here in middle-town America. 

He never makes a mistake.

So, sister, I am ready.  My heart has been pierced and I'm feeling brave.  My kids are prepared.  He is calling.

We learn to love when we surrender and give our lives away.

God's LOVE Revolution:
Verse #2 :
 
"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." 
John 15:12-13

He is moving, and I don't want to miss a single opportunity. 

Thank you for your honesty.

I love you sister!