Sunday, June 29, 2014

Barefoot and Surrendered

Sometimes I am forced to just stop and breathe.

The sign posted at the Baptist church on the path to worship this morning read:

"God can use your greatest weakness as His greatest strength."

Yes, He can use this weakness.


The Warrior Daddy has been gone for almost 31 hours now, and the punishment began about 28 hours ago.  This Momma is tired, cranky, and a bit shaky as my weaknesses are screaming all kinds of you-are-not worthy phrases into my heart.


By His grace, we arrived at church this morning.  But, family worship proved a bit too much for my three sensory seekers.  After two unscheduled trips to the bathroom for two intense chats, a pair of shoes flung into the pew in front of us, an all out slap fight over a little pencil, and three loud meltdowns, this Momma grabbed her beloveds and exited the building.

Amazingly, the ride home seemed like an exhale to my girls, as their bodies just relaxed and enjoyed the victory of freedom.

And my heart flamed abaze with hurt. 

 
   
The pressure to keep tugging at my bootstraps is intense, but the whisper to slip off my boots and dare to relax in my bare feet is gently inviting me to surrender,...

...and, it is the Sabbath.

We have been home now for about an hour.  The man-child has retreated to his basement, while legos and hotwheel cars have invaded the living room and bedroom floors.



In surrender, they are occupying themselves, and He is speaking loudly to this weary soul. 

Bare feet and a surrendered heart can bring rest.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9