Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Importance of Respite...

When you're on day 4 of an absent Warrior Daddy, day 7 of a new school year, day 3 of consecutive runs for the week, and you still have (at least) 3 days before the husband returns, 3 days left in the school week, and 2 more hard runs to run for the week...the need for respite takes on fresh importance. 

As much as I'd like to be superwoman in this tired moment, I am comforted by the fact He did not create me, or expect me to do all this on my own.  He created me to need.  He designed me to hold my tired, irritated hands humbly up to Him.  Because He delights in me.

I have 3 needy girls in bed, 1 man-child boy close, about 7 loads of laundry to fold, and lesson plan preparations not quite complete for tomorrow.  But, tonight I surrender, praise Him for His closeness, and pray for sleep.

Tomorrow I have high aspirations of following His example and delighting in them.