Friday, August 23, 2013

Good Morning

I didn't get much sleep last night.  Which makes for a fun, sunburned, just-run-17-miles, and now sleep deprived day.

The little jiggling woke me at 11:33 last eve.  The little bling jingle of a collar on a barely seven pound, thinks-she's-a-princess fluff ball.  The fluff ball that is supposed to sleep downstairs with her boy.

I determined to ignore, but after what sounded a jingly musical number on the floor three feet from my ears, I arose in hopes of keeping little Faith, Promise, and Joy tucked slumbering uninterrupted.

I glanced over at a peacefully sleeping, with his deaf ear up, Warrior Daddy and felt a twinge of jealousy.

A trip out to trollop under the moonlit sky, do her business, and carried-in-Momma's-arms right back to her boy's bed.  A contented pup.

Or, so I thought.

Another trip out at 1:56.  And after, she felt comfortable enough to hop right up on top of my legs, dance a small jig, circle around eight times and land. 

Another at 4:12.  But this time she lingers long, soaking in the moon's rays and running figure eights around the yard.

This Momma's best light does not shine bright as I'm standing on the deck in my jammies whispering yells, glaring.

At 4:45, I surrendered.

And it's now 6:24 a.m., I've worked out, secretly watched Joy sneak into her sisters' room, successfully removed Joy from her still-asleep-I-hope sisters' room, and I'm typing away on the computer, while a curled up sleeping dog lays at my feet.

But, it looks to be a great morning, with the sun finally peeking out, shining a glow on the trees.

 

Good morning.  :)