Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hope

I saw that wooden plaque sitting in the shop and knew I had to have it. 

It sat in my bedroom floor for about 3 months.  A statement that reflects my life.  I wanted just the right place to hang it. 

I settled for the spot right over the stovetop.  I had a picture in my head of what I wanted to finally rest there, and the Hope plaque really wasn't it, but I couldn't stand to see it laying on the floor any longer.  The Warrior Daddy said he thought it was a good location until I really knew...



...and three months later, on February 19th, He revealed.  As I sat at the old farm table, a pen writing away through tear-blurred vision, I admitted my hope was weak. 

"Time doesn't stop and messes fall and I cannot keep juggling.  You give me all I need.  Please help me to see clearly....Faith and Promise exhaust.  Joy exhausts too.  All together, I fall - like today into hopelessness."

And I read Psalm 31:24.

"Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the LORD."
 

I placed my head in my hands, rested on the table.  I reminded myself I have to have courage.  He will honor my courage by strengthening me - my heart.  I do hope in Him.

And as I turned my head slightly to the right, I glimpsed that wood plaque sitting right above the fire of the candle, right over the burners of the stove.



Hope sits directly over the fire.

Jesus is my Hope sitting right there over the fire.

He nailed that plaque of Hope right over the burners to remind me of His constant presence, to remind me that the time I need hope the most is when my world is melting.



And He invites me to reach high through the fires.  

Reach high for my Hope.