Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Star Revealed

She tugged on my shorts, bouncing with anticipation to share.  I glanced over, put her on hold, attempting to finish a thought with a friend.

She tried patience, but the bubbling inside she could not contain.

"Momma, Momma, LOOK!"

 
 
She had been collecting sticks with another beautiful chosen one, with six years on her, who shared a glorious secret.  
 
With a clean break, the inside of that cottonwood branch revealed a perfect star.
 
My little star girl holding a God-made star.
 
And through her giddiness, I felt His grace kiss and my soul smiled.
 
This reminder, on a morning with no energy, and a promise to look straight towards the Bright Morning Star (Rev. 22:16) and avoid the shadows. 
 
 
He, the One who set the stars in place, is mindful and the Carer of me (Ps.8:3).
 
He created the stars for me to behold and drink in deep His steadfast love that endures forever (Ps. 136:9).
 
He cares enough to name each star (Ps. 147:4).
 
 
 
And with all those named shining stars, and no shame, I will praise Him (Ps. 148:3).