Thursday, June 20, 2013

James 1:25

"But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing."  James 1:25 (ESV Bible), (emphasis mine)



I studied James 1:25 today, and am so intrigued with the Greek verb, parakupto.  Para means "alongside", and kupto means "to bend" (www.greekwordstudies.blogspot.com). 

What if I applied parakupto to my girl?

To bend down (to eye level), alongside (my precious one). 

To passionately bend down alongside my precious one. 

To look carefully into her heart and her reactions, with curiosity and precise care.

What may I find hidden deep within her?  Will my finding be the clue to understanding?  If I seek, with a glimpse of her perspective and my discernment, will He reveal hope?



When I apply parakupto to my study of the Word, He transforms my life.