Thursday, June 27, 2013

Grace Kiss



She comes up to me and presses her cheek right next to mine, leaning in close for a squeeze. She turns her forehead slightly, pushing into my right cheek bone.  Our eyelashes brush. 

I stop writing, turn and look her in the eyes.  She grabs my face with her long fingers, placing us forehead to forehead.  She smiles large, begins swaying our heads back and forth .   

She leans back.  "You done?"

I smile back. 

I am not really done.  There are piles of books to organize, calendar schedules to create, school hours to log.  It's one of those days when the list keeps growing as I dig deeper into the chaos. 

And the pressure inside is growing, and starting to infiltrate. 

But her eyes entice, and He is beckoning.  And I barely recognize this Grace Kiss in time.

"Thank You," I whisper as she grabs my hand and leads me away.