Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 1 Prayer Request

I don't know why He took this stubborn girl and gave me such a noble calling. Adoption is admirable. I still gaze with starry eyes when I witness a new little one embraced by his forever family.

But, He called me - broken, to parent the broken.  And I wish I could take away my plastic, put together face to reveal a similar likeness.  What you see beneath my mask is weariness, insecurity, loss. 

...but, He is near.  He is opening my ears.   He sustains me with a word.  He is my Helper.  I have determined to set my face like a flint straight towards Him (Isaiah 50:4-9). His eyes beckon, and I am not afraid.  He sees me as He created me.  And He sees my precious ones just as He created them.   

Please pray I will give Him all my moments. Please pray I will learn to relinquish my plan and surrender to His.

Reagan (Momma to 4)