Monday, November 18, 2013

Sick :(

She enters the bathroom this morning, looks at me with her serious face.

"Momma, do you think Jesus made me sick as an opportunity to show me He loves me?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"  I scream in my head.  A smile turns my cheeks up round. 

"Jesus is in control of everything.  He holds us all in His hands...."

She searches my eyes with her big browns and nods her head up and down.

"...and, He is always good."

"So, Momma, Jesus made me sick because He loves me."  She squeezes her arms around her middle, bends over a bit, exits the bathroom.

I glance upwards, whisper thanks. 

She has had tummy issues for about 24 hours.

Her explosions started about 6 hours after she picked up that piece of chewed gum off the playground, decided to sneak it into her mouth.  

The Warrior Daddy noticed her smacking about an hour later. 

It's amazing how sneaky one can be when she is enjoying the naughty and unacceptable.

Yes, He does love us.  So much He gives consequences to teach. 

And the beautiful grace kiss is she knows He loves her, and she knows He is in control of every little detail. 

My cup runneth over.