Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Letter to my Precious....


Dear Precious, my chosen child,

We are having much difficultly lately. 

You seem to enjoy misbehaving, along with the punishment that always comes after your behavior.  My heart has grown weary and sad at this need of yours to seek negative attention.  I see the glossy look come over your eyes and know you are traveling somewhere else for a while.  I really despise those times, and will never stop praying they cease. 

I want you to know I understand you were abandoned and abused as an infant.  We will both walk in a mystery concerning the extent of your abuse. 

I'm so sorry, Precious.  It isn't fair. 

I know it hurts, yet I admit, I do not identify with your hurt.  I wish I could tell you I understand.  Instead, I have to say, "I love you and I want to walk through your emotions with you." 

I know that won't be enough for you all the time.

I need you to know I forgive you when you act out towards me. 

I forgive you for hurting me. 

I know your first maternal bonds were ripped from you, leaving you one stubborn child determined to never be rent again.  My head comprehends this positional rejection.  My heart, however suffers deeply in personal rejection, pining for change.  

Because I promised Him, and my love for you runs deep, I can't allow the behavior to continue. 

I will never stop working alongside you to lead you to Jesus and His healing that can transform your life. 

I have high expectations for you. 

You are so special; so worthy of love. 

Please forgive me when I overreact.  I am taking my emotions to Jesus, and He is guiding me. 

I love you so much. 

You will always be my Precious.

Love,

Momma