Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pray, pray without ceasing...

 
"The LORD is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth."
Psalm 145:18
 
He is near.
 
"Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.  For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.  Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:14-16
 
You can come boldly to His throne.
 
"he regards the prayer of the destitute
and does not despise their prayer.
Let this be recorded for the generation to come,
so that a people yet to be created may praise the LORD:"
Psalm 102:17-18
 
He loves your prayers.
 
"But I call to God,
and the LORD will save me.
Evening and morning and at noon
I utter my complaint and moan,
and he hears my voice."
Psalm 55:16-17
 
He hears you.
 
"You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."
Exodus 20:5-6
 
He is jealous for you.
 
"pray without ceasing."
1 Thessalonians 5:17