Sunday, September 8, 2013

Twenty Days

I have twenty days left.  Twenty days of still being thirty-something.

And honestly, I'm amazed at how God has used this decade to radically change my life.

I don't live in the house or town I thought I'd live in.  I don't look the way I imagined I'd look.  I don't have another fancy degree to stand behind.  I haven't written and illustrated those books.  I haven't run a full marathon yet.

Instead, I fell in love with one amazing pink boy and three beautiful brown girls.  I've remained in this town, this house, and watched Him build this family, overflowing the rooms in this home with children and love.

I've witnessed in the mirror the gentle aging of a strong-willed, independent, stubborn girl into a determined, willing to yield, hands-held-high-to-the-sky woman.

I have been given by the Giver the finest education available, a true gift bestowed within the comfort of my own home.  I am a field expert in the areas of sensory-integration disorder, reactive attachment disorder, dyspraxia of speech, dyspraxia of motor skill development, the uniqueness and wonder of the world of twins, and creative development of home and classroom modifications.  I have become a skilled chef in dairy-free and gluten-free cuisine.

As for those dreamed up books, I've just been too busy living the adventure to take the time to write them down, paint those pictures floating through my mind.  But, He continues to give one grand experience after another, with tales so wonderful and beautiful they could only be scripted by the Great Author Himself.  And with His grace, I'll share a few someday.

And that marathon is only 42 days away, and this time I'm going to make it.  Only two more grueling twenty-something runs left until that grand 26.2.

I trust in His perfect timing, His perfect will.  With my hands held high to Him, I'm so thankful He's turned these walls into a true home.  My love creases (and handles) are destined to gracefully grow.  My education field is blossoming, as He faithfully molds me into the momma/teacher/storyteller He designed me to be.  And I'm still running, after some 28 years, still with great love for the sport. 

I have twenty days left.  Only twenty days left before I start the next grand forty-something decade.