Tuesday, September 10, 2013

His Rain



I love Him.

Because sometimes I literally need a good, long, steady drench to refresh my dry bones.

He is the Grand Giver, loving despite my irritability, despite my scratchy sandpaper surface. 

I cried out, asked for my hard and brittle to become soft and springy. 

Soft and springy is what this tribe needs in their Momma.  Soft to melt right deep into.  Springy to bounce along with all the chaos, all the drama, all the waves of emotions. 

And the heat!  The heat was affecting me, turning my inside scarlet red, beckoning me to remember; ache for His water.

  

Yesterday afternoon, the clouds brewed and I yearned, hoped.  And as the drops gently began, I felt the grace He extends flow over my being and the goose bumps chill, cooling down my heat, turning the red into beautiful shades of pink and orange - purple. 

Only He can perfectly blend the brilliant yellow and blue with this result.

And on this eve before September 11th, open a window with me, breathe Him in deep, and let His grace flow all over your being.  He is so good.  He is so refreshing.  He is so amazing.

Close your eyes and feel the yellow and blue invade as only our blessed Redeemer can.